« Home | Mini update:I spent 2.5 weeks back on the sunny is... » | Happy 2009! Here's to a lighter, brighter new year! » | I took a long, lazy bus trip to the city today, de... » | Beautiful, beautiful Norway, yet again! » | The weekends are always awesome with my girls :)Fo... » | Because (some) randomness is good, group photos fr... » | Do you have glasses? Whether you wear/need glasses... » | My Master's class and I spent 2 days in Brussels t... » | I love seasons. They are such visual manifestation... » | There has been much activity here in Amsterdam - u... »

A city of contrasts is what Amsterdam is. Juxtapositions greet you everyday, challenging your world view and creating its own uncategorisable charm.

It's been a week since my return and I've been meandering the alley ways, navigating traffic on my bike, going to the various libraries all over the city, meeting up with friends and I'm beginnig to think: the wheels of the semester will just turn faster this time.

One of my ardent loves is capturing the fleeting moment. I am adamant that despite all the initial fuss, some "complaints" from friends (aka photo subjects) and lugging my camera(s) around with me on a daily basis, it will all be worth it at the end of the day. Month. Year. Lifetime.

It's fun to be back earlier than most, to welcome my friends back from their breaks. The familiarity of the city is almost complete right now..I am just missing a few faces and big personalities :)


Taken on the same day.

1. A frozen, placid Prinsengracht.
2. A little closer to the city centre, at the Singel - cracked ice.

Labels:

Smile.

Contact.

    kohsufen@gmail.com

Currently,


    Reading: Research...
    Listening: Bag of Hammers & Swimming Pools by Thao

Talk.

Previous posts,

Archives.